— @ChocopieK on Twitter (via triplefliptripletoe)
How relationships work:
I like your butt.
However, I can notice other butts. They can be nice too.
But your butt is my favourite butt. It’s the nicest butt. Because it’s mine. And I can touch it.
Asian legend rubies stolen. Lots if people slipping nd breaking legs at the ankles.
Wrestling with mother like figure on ground outside house in daytime first and then transitioned to nightine. Eventually uprooted tree, hang in air with knot at bottom, ANd threw gold ball with string attached at it. Very exhausting, kept pushing me to come back, navy shirt with black hair.
Took viva down. 8 vs 21 bus. Mine was 8. Very bright lights even though it was dark. 1 black and 3 brown guys. Brown across street.
Went to store like Times Square and down enclosed stairs outside TD bank, phone was in a block of ice covered in snow. Brought it to thaw. On the way saw an Asian girl who had directions to unlocking it. Typical number passcode didn’t work. Screen protector stiff and peeled up at sides
Indeed, I have one female friend who was so confident of her husband’s love that she was entirely happy to move into a flat that his first wife had decorated with hand-painted frescos, telling me with admirable sang froid she was pleased she didn’t have to think about the decor.
More than that, she has the same Christian name as the first wife and they are both artists.
Is your own insecurity perhaps born of the fact that you sense a passion in your boyfriend’s former relationship that is not coursing through your own?
It could, of course, be the case that you are dwelling so hard on his past that you are not concentrating enough on your present and future. Don’t try and imitate his exlover when you could be creating sparks of your own.
— Pablo Picasso (via bl-ossomed)
A map showing lexical distance (how much similarity there is between vocabularies) among the languages of Europe, from Etymologikon, where you can also see a larger map and in the comments what each of the abbreviations stand for.
For a more detailed historical representation of the relationships between languages, see also MultiTree.
Noodle sculptures by Oh Seung Yul
If you're having a bad night, need some cheering up with a good dose of period drama or just love Jane Austen. All links are either putlocker, sockshare or youtube playlists.
Adaptions of Original Works:P r i d e a n d P r e j u d i c e | [Read]
S e n s e a n d S e n s i b i l i t y | [Read]
- Pride and Prejudice (2005), starring Kiera Knightley
- Pride and Prejudice (1995), starring Jennifer Ehle
- Pride and Prejudice (1980), starring Elizabeth Garvie
- Pride and Prejudice (1940), starring Greer Garson
N o r t h a n g e r A b b e y | [Read]
- Sense and Sensibility (2008), starring Hattie Morahan: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- Sense and Sensibility (1995), starring Emma Thompson
- Sense and Sensibility (1981), starring Irene Richard
- Sense and Sensibility (1971), starring Joanna David
E m m a | [Read]
- Northanger Abbey (2007), starring Felicity Jones
- Northanger Abbey (1986), starring Katharine Schlesinger
P e r s u a s i o n | [Read]
- Emma (2009), starring Romola Garai: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- Emma (1996), starring Gwyneth Paltrow
- Emma (1996), starring Kate Beckinsale
- Emma (1972), starring Doran Godwin
M a n s f i e l d P a r k | [Read]
- Persuasion (2007), starring Sally Hawkins
- Persuasion (1995), starring Amanda Root
- Persuasion (1971), starring Ann Firbank
- Mansfield Park (2007), starring Billie Piper
- Mansfield Park (1999), starring Frances O’Connor
- Mansfield Park (1983), starring Sylvestra Le Touzel
Inspired By and Spinoffs:
- Austenland (2013)
- Bride and Prejudice (2004)
- Bridget Jones’ Diary (2001)
- Clueless (1995)
- Death Comes to Pemberley (2013): Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- Emma Approved (2013)
- Kandukondain Kandukondain (2000)
- The Lizzie Bennet Diaries (2012)
- Lost in Austen (2008)
- The Jane Austen Book Club (2007)
Movies About Jane Austen: